The holidays are over and it’s cold outside –it’s the perfect time of year to get the inside of your home in order with our “extra-ordinary” winter house cleaning checklist. It’s packed with cleaning tasks that are important, but often overlooked or put off until another day and then forgotten.
Everywhere in the House
- Dust ceiling fans.
- Clean lamp shades and lamps.
- Vacuum or wash curtains and drapes.
- Wipe down doorknobs and light switches.
- Wipe down baseboards and windowsills.
- Thoroughly wash and disinfect trash cans.
- Clean out the pantry and cabinets and discard outdated items.
- Use baking soda in your garbage disposal to eliminate odors.
- Clean the oven and oven vent.
- Wipe down appliances and the insides and outsides of cabinets.
- Clean under the refrigerator and vacuum out the refrigerator vent.
- Wash shower curtains and bath mats.
- Remove and clean shower heads with warm water and vinegar.
- Remove drain stoppers and clear away buildup.
- Disinfect your toilet bowl brush.
- Thoroughly clean all bedding items, including dust ruffles and mattress pads.
- Replace dirty or worn pillows.
- Dust or wipe down bed frames.
- Vacuum under the bed and inside box springs.
- Clean under and behind desks.
- Wipe down printers and monitors and clean underneath them.
- Clean and disinfect keyboards and computer mice.
Want to Add Your Home’s Exterior to the House Cleaning Checklist?
If you’d like the outside of your home to look just as good as the inside, we’d love to provide you with a free estimate. Men in Kilts specializes in gutter cleaning, window cleaning, house washing, and pressure washing.